It's that time of year. The time of year when I realize shorts and swimsuit season is creeping up on me. I have not been a regular at the gym over the last year, and I'm feeling the consequences. Things at work have been steadily busy, so my excuse has been that I'm there too late to make it my class. But, I turned over (another) new leaf last week and I'm determined to get back into my groove. That includes cooking at home almost every night after the gym to avoid a fast food fix. After working out I actually crave salads, vegetables and lean proteins much more than usual. Thank goodness for Cooking Light's never-ending supply of healthy, delicious recipes! A week into things, I already feel better (aside from our tequila detour on Saturday.... :)
This tilapia is one of my new favorite fish recipes. It had a great flavor, and I loved the way it tasted when combined with rice and steamed broccoli. After reading the recipe reviews, I made a few slight alterations that made it superb. Give this a try!
Sweet and Spicy Citrus Tilapia
Ingredients:
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Arrange fish in a single layer in a dish or in plastic baggie. Combine orange juice and next 9 ingredients (through
garlic); pour over fish. Let stand 15 minutes.
Preheat broiler. Mine has a high or low setting, so I opted for high.
Remove fish from marinade, reserving marinade and placing in small saucepan. Place fish on a roasting pan sprayed with cooking spray OR do what I do since I don't have a roasting pan: line a jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil, top with oven-safe wire rack, spray with cooking spray. Works like a charm!
Sprinkle fish with paprika; broil 7 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Meanwhile, heat marinade over medium heat and whisk in 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch. Simmer until thickened. Drizzle sauce over fish.
PS - I am linking up to Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green! Click here to check out her tasty Spinach Tart and all the other yummy recipes!







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Tilapia is a new fav of mine too! It's easy to cook and not expensive. I tried this recipe last night and it was delish! Thanks for posting, Kendall!
Note: do not open a bottle of cayenne pepper with your teeth! My lips were on fire all night!
excellent ingredients, it looks very tasty! thanks for having the time to put the ingredients
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)