Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Honey-Gingered Pork Tenderloin (or 'the best thing ever')

I have been holding out on you guys! Our family has used this recipe for pork tenderloin for over 20 years. It's our secret weapon. My parents found this in the 1990 edition of Southern Living's Five-Star Recipe Collection. After the first try, we were all hooked. It's now the go-to meat of choice for entertaining, special occasions, family gatherings, and even weeknights. It's used by my grandparents and aunts and uncles on both sides. There are men in this family that will brave the winter chill to grill this pork for a holiday celebration. We call it 'The Pork Tenderloin,' as in 'there are no others.' Photo copies of this recipe have been passed around and around. For a while, my mom kept a stash of copies in the kitchen so she could easily hand it out when requested, which was any time she served it.

Have I hyped it up enough for you? I hope so. This warrants it. I could go on and on.

IMG_4102

Oh, holy tenderloin. This is the stuff foodie dreams are made of.

IMG_4104

She's a beaut. Incredibly tender and delicious. The honey ginger flavor is outstanding.





IMG_4105

There is no pork tenderloin that can compare to this. At least none that I have ever tasted, restaurants included. So, MAKE THIS DANG THING!


Honey Gingered Pork Tenderloin (or 'the best thing ever')

Ingredients:
2 (3/4-1 lb) pork tenderloins
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup oyster sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp, plus 1 tsp minced fresh ginger root (this must be fresh. must.)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp ketchup
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

Place tenderloins in a large baking dish. Combine all remaining ingredients, stirring well, and pour over tenderloins. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours. I would recommend overnight, and they can even be marinated for up to 2 days. This only makes the flavor better! Just be sure to turn the pork tenderloin with tongs occasionally.

Remove tenderloins from marinade, reserving the liquid. Grill tenderloins over medium heat for 25 to 35 minutes, turning often and basting with reserved marinade.

The pork is done when it reaches 160 in thickest part using a meat thermometer. Once it hits this mark, it's perfection. Let the pork sit for 10 minutes. Slice tenderloin thinly and arrange on serving platter.

Recipe can be easily doubled. Leftovers are excellent even when cold. You don't need a sauce or anything on this tenderloin, just eat it exactly as it is!

Note: If you don't want to grill, you could easily do inside, too (I have not prepared this recipe of tenderloin this way, but have with several others). I would recommend baking at 425° for 10 minutes. Spoon the extra marinade over the pork. Bake 10-17 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 150-160°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. 

ENJOY!

PS - I'm linking up to Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green - click on over for more delicious dishes!

7 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Elizabeth Cheek said...

Kendall--what about the oven? Can you bake it?

Shari said...

It looks incredible! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing Kendall. I'm not very good at grilling so i was wondering, is the lid open or closed during the grilling process? Thanks again!

Kendall Jones said...

Hey Elizabeth - you can definitely bake it! I've updated the post above with baking instructions.

Shari - Grill it with the lid closed, but baste it occasionally and check progress.

annecase said...

Made this for dinner tonight and it was a hit with everyone! Even Emery and Case! Yum-o!

Anonymous said...

Hi pretty girl! I made this for dinner tonight and L-O-V-E-D it. Thanks for sharing!

pay per head said...

hmmm just to do it today at lunch, exquisite

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)