We have a winner! This pizza was a big hit with Keith and I this week. We were amazed by how tasty this was! Keith is still talking about it two days later. I found this recipe on Pinterest via Pennies on a Platter. I only wish I had taken the time to capture better photos. We threw this together after a visit to the gym and were so hungry we couldn't wait any longer! I served it with a simple spinach salad with goat cheese and a light balsamic dressing. It was a great accompaniment to the pizza!
Balsamic-Strawberry Pizza with Chicken, Sweet Onion and Applewood Smoked Bacon
1/2 cup strawberry preserves or jam
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce (or other chili sauce on hand)
1 ball prepared pizza dough, or store-bought
(a can of Pillsbury thin crust is all I could find at my store, and it worked fine)
Cornmeal
1/4 sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 grilled chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 slices applewood smoked bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces, cooked and drained
1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
1/4 cup fresh sweet basil, torn
1/4 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
Place the pizza stone in the lower middle of the oven and preheat to 500 degrees.
Bring
the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce the heat and
simmer until reduced to half and mixture thickens, about 4 to 5
minutes. Stir in the strawberry preserves and chili sauce. Mix well;
set aside to cool.
Roll
out the pizza dough to a 12 or 14-inch circle. Transfer to a piece of
parchment paper lightly dusted with cornmeal. (For me, it's easier to
pat the dough into it's circle while already on the parchment paper.)
In
a small bowl, combine the chicken with 2 tablespoons of the
balsamic-strawberry mixture and stir to coat all chicken. Spread the
rest of the sauce over top of the pizza dough, leaving about a 1-inch
border around the edge.
Sprinkle
3/4 cup of cheese evenly over the sauce. Scatter the chicken, bacon
and sweet onion over the cheese to distribute evenly. Sprinkle with
remaining cheese.
Transfer
the pizza with the parchment paper onto the hot pizza stone and bake
for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is
golden. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly for 1 to 2 minutes.
Top with the fresh strawberries and basil. Serve hot.







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Strawberry Pizza? WOW, so original, had to try this!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)