Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Catching you up

Sorry for the blog hiatus! The San Diego trip turned out to be very busy, as I predicted, but we had a great time, too.

This is the Embassy Suites team from cs2: Anne, Eric, me, and Kate. We all work so well together and our hard work paid off; the conference was a success!
We didn't get much time to explore San Diego. We were able to leave the hotel for dinner out on 2 different nights, so that was really nice to taste the local flavor. I'd love to go back to the area, for fun, and see more of it. Gorgeous and very clean!

By Friday, I was SOOOO ready to see Keith. We don't enjoy being apart one bit!! So, I was on cloud nine when I got a big hug from him.
I was also thrilled to come home to a spotless house and to see some beautiful gladiolas in a vase!


Oh my goodness, he is spoiling me so bad! Apparently, Keith is really tight with the Kroger flower lady and she 'hooks him up' with the best flowers. Either way, I love them!

A few things from the past week to note:

  • Keith finished his first year of Dental School- YAY!!! And he finished with great grades (an even bigger YAY!!!!). I'm so proud of his success and happy for him to get a summer break. He gets 6 weeks off and he's gonna work up at the West Memphis ortho office (he used to work there when he was in high school), so that ought to be a good use of his time. AND he will make a little extra moo-lah- every little bit helps!
  • Kris Allen made it to the American Idol Finale!! I'm pumped that he's in the top two. He really deserves it and has my vote to win it! I'm ready to buy his records now, please!
  • While I was away, we received approximately 8 invitations to weddings or showers. Holy Schmoly*, our calendars are filling up fast! I'm looking forward to all of these, but I'm starting to forget what color our fridge is.
  • I missed cooking. A whole week without it, and my hands were ready to get back in the kitchen, much to Keith's delight I'm sure. So, today I made more bread and we took a loaf to the Sisco's as a housewarming gift. I've also got a list of de-lish dinners planned for the week, including a Tuesday night Idol watch party for our couple friends. Yay Kris!
I'll do a much better job at blogging this week, I promise!

*= Holy Schmoly is a new phrase added to my repertoire, courtesy of Anne.

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

annecase said...

So glad to contribute to your expanded vocabulary!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)