But, it's on break for summer, and our group of friends felt like we would talk more openly in a small group setting at each others houses. Also, there are a few books relating to marriage out there that we were all thinking about reading. Thus, the 'wives club plus one' bible study was born.

The first book we've chosen is The Love Dare. There's a movie that's been made about it called Fireproof. I haven't seen it but we plan to watch it at the end of our study. Anywho, the book is a 40 day challenge for spouses with each day involving a new dare. So far, they've been things like: "for the entire day, be patient and say nothing negative to your spouse" or "do one unexpected gesture of kindness ." Seems pretty simple, right? I have skimmed a couple of pages later in the book and it looks like they are going to start to dig a little deeper and become more challenging.
Nonetheless, I'm already really enjoying it. All of us are going to do 5 dares each week and meet to talk about it. Ideally, the boys would come, too, but they're busy students #1 and #2, I'm not sure if we could talk them into coming to a group 'therapy' session.
During our time together, we're also planning to do some cooking, watch some favorite shows (American Idol! GO KRIS! You're awesome! ....okay, where was I.....), and just have quality girl time. We've already got the next book or two in mind, so I'm really looking forward to it and I think it's gonna be an awesome way to get into God's word AND have a positive influence on our
I may try to do a few updates on how the book is going, what some of our interesting dares are, what I'm doing to rise to the challenge, etc. I'll share with you what I did to be cute and sweet to Keith today :)
.jpg)
He went to school to study tonight, so before he came back I made him a special pitcher of extra sweet tea just for him and left it with a little note.
I used to do small things like this all the time when we dated, notes on the mirror, random greeting cards, etc. But, now that we live together it doesn't happen as often. So, I'm hoping that this book will encourage and motivate me to pick back up that type of stuff. After all, it is SO fun to leave surprises :)







3 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Kendall-
The sermon series at Yancy and I's church is about 'fireproofing' your marriage, and each week we watch like clips from the movie and I pastor gives us a challenge. Anyways, thanks for posting about this... I'm going to look into it for Yancy and I. When we were dating we used to do relationship book studies with each other (long distance... we'd read aloud over the phone). Needless to say, it's fallen by the wayside. This might be just the thing for us. Keep me posted on how your book study goes.
I enjoy keeping up with you through your blog!
Christina (Higgins) Wright
I hope you do post little updates because one day when I have a marriage to fireproof, I've love to do this! And of course I'd love to hear how it's going! How exciting!
Love the whole concept of this book. I am going to order it online ASAP. Speaking of the movie "Fire Proof".. I have had it in my possession for about 2 weeks now, waiting for Adam to be home to watch it with me. I'll let you know how it is after this weekend. Love your blog, its great keeping up with you guys!!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)