This week, Keith has been in Jackson, Tennessee for a clinical rotation. I have been the last person to leave the office almost every night this week. I get home and numb my mind in front of the TV for a bit and then re-boot the computer for some more work or blog reading, and each night I've enjoyed a glass of wine amidst the insanity. It's the simple things, like pouring a glass of yummy vino, or snacking on a delicious ripe pear, talking to my hubby, or reading my trashy US Weekly celebrity gossip magazine that get me through the week. But, last night, I watched this video. And, felt guilty. How easy it is to forget how fortunate we are and minimal our troubles seem when compared to this. I encourage you to check it out! Sidebar: I know this video has stirred controversy, but the point is (no matter what is true about the organization), there are things going on in the world that we shouldn't ignore.
A pep in my step tonight is the thought of seeing my sister this weekend! Y'all, this only happens about once a year, so I'm EXCITED! I have a feeling we'll be sharing memories over wine at one point, so without further adieu, here is Wine Friday:
This week's feature is a brand that I've tried several times and quite enjoyed. My dear, sweet, she's-really-made-of-sugar mother-in-law is named Penny. So, I always think of her when I purchase Pennywise.
Pennywise Petite Sirah
Year: 2009
Origin: California
Average Price: $12
About the wine: I LOVE THIS WINE. I don't have to explain it - I just do. Buy it, try it, love it, remember it. That's all you need to know.
Have a great weekend!
Have a great weekend!







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Perfect timing! We are headed to a housewarming/engagement party this weekend so I was planning on picking up some vino to share! LOVE your description ha! Have so much fun with your sister, I'll be seeing mine at the end of the month and cannot wait! Happy weekending pretty lady!
Hi Kendall,
Make sure you read this report about the video:
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/09/world/africa/kony-2012-q-and-a/
Happy Weekend!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)