Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Goat Cheese and Tomato Tarts

These are so delicious!! I absolutely believe it's true that you eat first with your eyes. This little dandy of a tart had me drooling from the recipe photo. Having them freshly made and sitting pretty on top of a cake plate just drove me crazy. I wanted to eat all of them!

IMG_3599

The recipe came from an old printed copy of Cuisine at Home. They're really easy to make - don't let the fancy appearance fool you! These would be a fabulous appetizer if you made them a bit smaller, but I made them as a tasty side dish to some balsamic chicken. As long as tomatoes are in season, this should be top on your list to make!

Goat Cheese and Tomato Tarts

Ingredients:
2 sheets frozen puff pastry (1 17.3 oz. box)
1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 Tbsp water
2 oz. herb-flavored goat cheese, softened
2 Tbsp milk
8-10 each red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 Tbsp minced fresh basil

Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut one pastry sheet into 4 even squares. Place squares on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cut remaining sheet into 8 strips, each 3/4-inch-wide. (You will have approximately 1/3 of the sheet remaining after strips are cut. Use it to make a smaller tart or refreeze for another use. I used it make a cute little mini tart!) Cut the 8 strips in half crosswise to make 16 strips, 4- to 5- inches each.

Place four strips around the edge of each pastry square, overlapping corners. Lightly brush pastry edges and corners with egg wash; bake until puffed and brown, 22-24 minutes.

Whisk together goat cheese and milk. Divide cheese mixture among centers of baked tarts, spreading it with a spatula and pressing lightly to gently deflate centers. Top cheese mixture with red and yellow tomatoes; season with salt and pepper.

Bake tarts 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and garnish with basil; serve warm or at room temperature.

IMG_3602

Give these a try - yummm yumm yumm!

PS - I am linking this up to Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green. Click on over to check out other great dishes!

6 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

They look SO fancy! :-) and delicious! :-) Can't wait to try them out! :-)

Shari said...

These look fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

I'm definitely going to try this!

Anonymous said...

These look so yummy!!!

pay per head said...

what a great food, looks amazing! I love all you do!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)