Happy first Friday of 2012! I hope your first week of the new year has been a good one and that you have plans to relax this weekend. Our beloved Arkansas Razorbacks are playing in the Cotton Bowl tonight, so we'll be watching that and cheering them on. Go Hogs Go! I'm sure there will be a glass (or two, or three) of wine present in my weekend plans. If you will be indulging in the vino too, here's a great one to try!
Hence, welcome to Wine Friday!
My friend, Jessica, brought a bottle of this over on Wednesday night for us to enjoy while we cooked together. I must say, I looooooooved it.
Drops of Jupiter Petite Sirah
Year: 2009
Origin: San Francisco, CA
Average Price: $9
About the wine: Does 'Drops of Jupiter' sound familiar to you? Yes, this is wine by the band, Train. They launched a brand called Save Me, San Francisco Wine Company and this is their inaugural product. The guys in the band are huge wine-os and even tweet and blog about their favorite bottles. And, I have to say, this is an excellent petite sirah!
“Wine and music tell stories and connect those who share it,” says Jimmy Stafford – the band’s lead wine explorer and founder of the Train Wine Club. Save Me, San Francisco Wine Co. crafts wines that evoke the emotions and human connections experienced through its namesake songs.
This bottle of Drops of Jupiter is named after the Grammy-Award winning song written by lead singer Pat Monahan after the loss of his mother to cancer. The song is about the journey of self-discovery experienced through the loss of a loved one. I didn't know that until I did a little bit of research tonight, and it makes the song that much cooler.
I'm a big Train fan as of recent years. I've always loved their earlier stuff, but I heard them play 2 years ago here in Memphis before the release of their latest album featuring Hey, Soul Sister. I immediately fell in love and bought the album. I've grown to love a lot of their songs, especially some that aren't Billboard hits. Below are my favorite Train jams in no particular order:
- Marry Me
- If it's love
- Meet Virginia
- I Got You
- And, of course, Drops of Jupiter
Head out, buy a bottle of this delicious wine and put on some tunes. It'll be a great start to your weekend!







3 responses. Leave a Comment!:
LOVE this!! As a San Fran girl I am especially loving this wine recommendation! I had no idea they made wine! Love the label too! Can't wait to put it on my list!! Happy Friday lady xo.
Sounds like a good one! I especially like Save me SF, being from the area you can't help but smile when you hear it on the radio or tv.
It sounds yummy. I am looking for a very sweet wine, like juice with no bite. If you can think of one, I would love to hear about it. Thanks! Laura
Nestingandnibbling@hotmail.com
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)