Well, hello Friday. Nice to see you again! I think I'll be celebrating your arrival with happy hour libations this evening! Hence....Wine Friday!
How is it already the weekend? I love a short week so much. Packing in 5 days of work into 4 is typically crazy, but worth it. This weekend, we'll be relaxing together on Friday night, then headed to Nashville on Saturday with friends for a one-night getaway to enjoy some good food, cool scenes and hopefully some great live music. I'll have camera in tow and will be sure to document the adventure.
Here's a wine that I enjoyed during the holidays at some point and snapped a pic on my phone (it's the only way I can keep up with the various bottles of vino I sample). This was quite good. I also LOVED the bottle. This was a label that made me think (again) to myself: I need to start re-purposing bottles and making candles out of these. I've saved this bottle with the intention to do that on a rainy day in the future. If I ever get around to that, I'll let you know. :)
Matchbook Cabernet Sauvignon
Year: 2009
Origin: Lake Country, California
Average Price: $12-14
About the wine: Critics say, "The price is ridiculous for wine of this quality." I say, "What a cool label!" and "Mmm, this is yummy!" This wine earned 94 points at the California State Fair and scored 100 in my book. Would pair really well with a tangy-nutty cheese like Manchego or a tomato bruschetta, or even with spicy sausages (like this pasta dish I posted yesterday!).







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
love that you do wine friday! such a fun idea. its probably even more fun to try them!
I love this wine!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)