Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Tortellini with Peas and Pancetta

Mmmm, tortellini. Add peas and pancetta and you have a masterpiece. This is a delicious recipe! I picked this out of my Food Network Magazine Cookbook. It was incredibly easy, took less than 30 minutes and was very tasty. The leftovers were also good!

IMG_2682

Tortellini with Peas and Pancetta

Ingredients:
1 lb meat-filled tortellini (I did a mix of chicken-filled and spinach-cheese-filled from Buitoni - I liked the color variety)
1.5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces pancetta, finely chopped (or prosciutto)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

IMG_2660

The only down-side to this dish is you have to buy tomato paste and heavy cream to only use a small amount... Which in my book is a plus - it's an excuse to make another Italian meal!

Instructions:

-Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook as directed on package.

IMG_2662

-Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and pancetta and cook until crisp, 3-4 minutes.

IMG_2664

-Stir in the garlic and tomato paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.

IMG_2666

-Ladle in about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water and simmer until reduced by about half, 3-4 minutes.

IMG_2668

-About 2 minutes before the tortellini are done, add the peas to the boiling water and cook until just tender. Drain the tortellini and peas.

IMG_2669

-Add the cream to the sauce and simmer until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes.

IMG_2670

-Combine sauce with pasta and peas in drained pot and toss to combine.
IMG_2677

Toss with chopped fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.

Magnifico! Enjoy!!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

jenn from midlife modern said...

You are so good about using all your cookbooks and magazines and really trying new things. I think I want to try at least one brand new recipe a week. You've inspired me!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)