Here's a delicious and easy dinner recipe that is ready in less than 30 minutes. It's also a great way to try a new fish recipe.
When it comes to seafood, we tend to do a lot of shrimp. It's easy and I always have some on hand. I'm working on expanding our regular fish routine to include more tilapia, salmon, halibut, scallops, etc. If you want to try something new, here's a great dish! The recipe comes from Pillsbury, and you could easily try out other vegetables along with the bell peppers.
Scampi-Style Halibut with Artichokes and Bell Peppers
Ingredients:
2 large shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
1 small red bell pepper, sliced into bite-size strips (about 1 cup)
1 can of artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
5 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp garlic-pepper blend
1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
4 halibut fillets (about 6 oz each), skin removed
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (could use fresh basil or oregano instead)
Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
In medium bowl, mix shallots, bell pepper, artichokes, lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of the melted butter and the garlic-pepper blend. Spoon into baking dish.
In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. Lightly spray halibut fillets with cooking spray. Pat 2 tablespoons crumb mixture on top of each fillet. Place fillets on vegetables in baking dish
Bake uncovered 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork and crumb topping is golden brown. To be sure fish is done, use a food thermometer and bake until the thermometer reads 140°F. Sprinkle with parsley.
A great side dish to this recipe would be a simple greens salad with tomatoes, sliced red onions and this delicious salad dressing from Pioneer Woman. Make some to keep in the fridge; I like to double the recipe. You will love it!
PS - I'm linking this recipe up to Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green. Click on over to check out lots of great recipe ideas from other bloggers!







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I'm definitely trying this Kendall! Sounds amazing and from the name you wouldn't think it was easy and quick to make. Adding to pinterest right now so I don't forget it!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)