Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Patriotic Fruit Tarts

Happy 4th of July!! I don't know about you, but I'm so proud to be an American. Today and every day! Now, if only my neighbors would refrain from shooting their fireworks off until midnight :)

Here's a fun, easy recipe that my mom and I made for our family festivities yesterday:

IMG_1572

These were so easy to put together and tasted really great! You could use this filling recipe and top the tarts with any kind of fruit. Recipe courtesy of Food Network:

Patriotic Fruit Tarts

3 boxes of shortbread tart shells (16 tarts in each box)
8 oz container of mascarpone cream (you could also use cream cheese)
3 Tbsp confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup cool whip, thawed
Fruit for topping (we used blueberries and strawberries)

Using a hand mixer, combine the mascarpone and confectioner's sugar until well blended, then gently fold in the cool whip. Spoon into each tart shell. If you are using sliced fruit, lay on paper towels first to absorb some moisture. Arrange fruit on tarts and serve.

If making in advance, wait to top the tarts with fruit until just before serving or the fruit juices may run. 


IMG_1570

Happy Birthday, America!!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Anonymous said...

These look so yummy!

Kristy said...

Where do you find the mascarpone cream? In what section of the grocerey store?

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)