Easy, peasy. That's what this recipe is.
Besides being easy, it is out of this world yummy!! It's like having a little taste of the tropics at home. You will love how this tastes, especially the mango sauce. I love how simple the ingredients list is, and this was ready for us in 20 minutes. Woohoo!!
Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce
Ingredients
1 lime
2 mangoes, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup honey
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Snipped fresh cilantro (or 1 green onion, sliced)
12 oz fresh or thawed frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp
1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (all I had was sweetened, and it was great, too)
Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Finely shred 1 tsp peel from lime and squeeze juice from lime; add lime juice to blender with 1 cup of the chopped mango, the honey and cayenne pepper; cover and process until smooth. Remove 1/4 cup to shallow dish. Transfer remaining to bowl, top with lime peel and snipped fresh cilantro or green onion slices. Set aside for dipping sauce.
Rinse shrimp, pat dry. Sprinkle with salt. Place coconut in shallow dish. Dip shrimp in the 1/4 cup mango sauce then coconut, pressing to coat. Place on baking sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until coconut is golden and shrimp are cooked through. Serve with dipping sauce, remaining chopped mango and lime wedges.*
*I served it with rice that I added extra green onion slices to and more lime juice. It was fantastic!







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
No dairy in this one! I'm adding it to the list!
I love how simple this list is! Thanks for sharing. I've been craving this exact thing but every recipe I found was a huge list of ingredients. Yours look fantastic. :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)