Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Grilled Pineapple Butterscotch Sundaes

It's grilling season, folks! And we couldn't be more excited. When the weather warms up after winter, we look for reasons to use the grill. Last night, we finished a delicious dinner out on the patio with this yummy dessert.

IMG_0633

I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine last year, and I usually don't find many recipes I like in that publication, so this was a pleasant surprise! And it is just fantastic.

Grilled Pineapple Butterscotch Sundaes

Ingredients:
1 fresh pineapple
3 Tbsp, plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
1 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Dash of salt
Vanilla ice cream

Peel, core and cut each pineapple into spears.

In a small saucepan, melt 3 Tbsp butter with sugar and nutmeg. Brush over the pineapple spears.

Grill pineapple, covered, over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning occasionally.

While pineapples grill, melt remaining butter in saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and heavy cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, stir in vanilla and dash of salt.

Serve pineapple slices with ice cream and butterscotch sauce.


IMG_0632

Happy grilling!!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)