Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Dental Prom 2011

This past Friday was Dental Prom. It happens every year and we love it! It's technically called G.V. Black Formal, but the term Prom is just a lot more appropriate for folks in their mid-twenties.

IMG_0684

After a long and stressful week, it was nice to get spruced up and focus on one thing: having a good time!

IMG_0688

We enjoyed dinner at Spindini in Downtown Memphis with some of our friends. Here I am with Ashley, my lifelong childhood friend. So fun to have her in Memphis for dental school now!

IMG_0689

I also LOVE having my gorgeous cousin, Brooke, in Memphis, too. Her BF, Josh, is a D1 in school with Ashley and Brooke is a food chemist. Beauty and brains, folks!

IMG_0692

I wore a hot pink one-shoulder dress. But, I couldn't help but notice that 4/5 women were wearing a one-should dress as well. That must mean it's what they call a trend. I also bought Keith a navy tie with small hot pink accents. I just can't imagine the day when we don't think about coordinating for special occasions! :)

IMG_0693

Keith with Mr Matthew McShane

IMG_0697

Stealing a hug from the soon-to-be groom, Miles. I wish Caitlyn would have been there!

IMG_0700

Ok, I LOVE this series of photos with my little Ashley.

IMG_0701

I cannot remember why she has this face!

IMG_0702

Love! Friends for life :)

IMG_0704

Keith with classmates Miles and Matt, and a friend visiting from the New Orleans dental school. I bet you can guess who the visitor is :)

IMG_0709

Keith with Ashley's fiance, Jaycob.

IMG_0713

Our little reunited family - so fun being able to see them much more than I used to!!
PS - I think I need a TAN.

208458_832797490197_20609031_40871025_6953382_n

Ahhh - Love this group pic! I have no idea how we all fit in it. I love Jaycob's face and Keith's sleepy eyelid. Classic.

207546_832798009157_20609031_40871033_3309288_n

Mid-dance, mid-singing, middle of the fun. Love taking a break from crazy school and work to just dance! Nothing like it.


All in all, it was a grand night. Hooray for Dental Prom!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! You looked beautiful :)

Unknown said...

Love your dress! Looks like a great "Prom". I never made it to any of my HS proms.

Rachael Wright Jones said...

Fun!!! Beautiful pics!

p.s. I didn't know you and Brooke were cousins! Love her!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!! Love the dancing pic of you two :)

Anonymous said...

I love your dress! And the last pic is my favorite :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)