Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Penny's Birthday Brunch

This weekend was my mother-in-law's birthday, so we had a little brunch in her honor. Since spring is finally starting to show up around here, I decided to bring out some bunnies and eggs!

IMG_0489

The dining room table is starting to get used more often lately, thank goodness!

IMG_0491

I love any excuse to use my burlap runner. I just cut a strip of it and it's about the easiest thing to do!

IMG_0497

These bunnes (and fresh flowers) make me really happy.

IMG_0493

Fake egg on a string = a new napkin ring!

IMG_0486

Making breakfast was a family affair! Everyone helped in some way. It was really fun!

IMG_0504

We had scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, Belgium waffles and tons of fruit topping choices. Delicious!

IMG_0500

For the lovely Penny, we put a candle in her waffle and sang away!

Happy Birthday to the best mother-in-law ever. You're too sweet and kind and I just don't deserve all you do for me!! Love you :)

4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Anonymous said...

Those waffles look incredible!!!! And I love the decorations!

Jennifer said...

as always, everything looked fabulous! :)

According to Jax said...

Your table settings are always so fabulous!

Anita said...

Love your blog!!! Where can I find burlap? Did you cut out napkins too and did you use anything to finish the edges.
anita
www.feedingmypickyeaters.blogspot.com
anitarn13811@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)