Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Our neck of the woods

Welcome to our neighborhood.

Isn't it peaceful and lovely here?

My drive home today was so beautiful. I had the sunroof open and my Keith Urban music playing. It was a glorious afternoon.

Keith was swingin' his golf club in the front yard when I arrived. I just couldn't go inside. Too pretty!

I went directly to the closet to switch shoes and grab the camera. Here are the highlights:


Cute scrubs. I admit it. I like them!


The pond across the street

Oh, and, we live in a new neighborhood. It's slowly filling in with houses. While we are SO glad that more neighbors are moving in, we are not thrilled about the wide open spaces around us filling up and seeing sights like this:


That's the new view from our driveway. I'll be hearing this construction early in the AM for the next few months I'm sure; they're building right outside our bedroom. Can't wait!


I took this from across the street. Our house is there on the right, and that house behind us is still unoccupied. We'll have a new house on the left and eventually, one on the right. The dumpster is particularly beautimous! :)

Anyway, even with the mud and big rigs, I don't mind it. It's a pure slice of heaven out here in the Marion countryside. I never thought I'd say that! But, we sure do like it....


What I don't like is my new hair growth in the front. Ugh! I'm always growing new hair. Why? I have so much already! But, nonetheless, I'm sprouting more. Call me Alfalfa! All day long I was tryin' to slick back that little bit. So silly!

I wonder if Keith matched his orange highlighter in his pocket to the UT logo on his scrubs?
You know you mean business with pens in your pockets! Love it!

Deep thoughts by Kendall. Photography by Keith.

That's the bearded face I love!

I think somebody needs to stock this here pond with some fishes so we can go fitchin'!



And, now we're back on the front porch. Admiring the mums!!...

And pumpkins.
Did you know that once you carve a pumpkin, it has a 3 day life span?
I'm waiting to 'til closer to Halloween to touch these beauties.


The end. Hope you enjoyed visiting our neighborhood!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)