Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Halloween!

I hope everybody has had a great Halloween! Ours has been very low key. Keith has a test on Monday, so he's been studying. Boooooooooo. And, after my recent traveling and the fact that we have out-of-town plans for most of November, I decided to stay home and do nothing this weekend. Literally, nothing. It's a wonderful thing!

Yesterday at work, we had a fun little office party with a pumpkin decorating contest! Earlier in the week, we each drew the name of a fellow co-worker and were to carve/decorate it in that person's likeness. It was pretty entertaining....

IMG_0719
This was the Kendall pumpkin! Looks like me, right?

IMG_0698
I did this one for Kate. Her birthday is on Halloween. It's a birthday cake pumpkin!


IMG_0697
Pretty impressive carving.


IMG_0703
This one represents the president of our interactive department.


IMG_0706
The Casey pumpkin. He always has big headphones on.


IMG_0707
Our proofreader.

IMG_0708
Kenny, he's had swine flu!

IMG_0709
I thought this was SO cute. It's Donna, our production manager. It's made with Pantone color strips. She's always making sure everything matches up!


IMG_0712
Donna Gordy, a very trendy woman!

IMG_0720
The winner! This is the Lisa pumpkin(s). She has 2 Boxers. Isn't that cute!!


IMG_0726
Lauren, the bride.

IMG_0729
Michael, another IT guy.

IMG_0730
Kerry, the office politician.

IMG_0734
Snacks!

IMG_0738
Lisa and her likeness.

IMG_0739
Anne and her pumpkin. I think the lips and eyes are a little exaggerated!



Today, I have just relaxed and watched about 6 episodes from my Mad Men DVDs. I'm trying to catch up! I also made a delicious potato and vegetable chowder and some cute Halloween cupcakes! I kept it simple: chocolate boxed mix and white icing. I found that I had leftover sprinkles from last year that were pretty darn adorable. They were tasty!!

IMG_0745

IMG_0757

IMG_0752

IMG_0753

IMG_0758

I'm slightly disappointed that we didn't have one single trick-or-treater tonight! I had candy ready and the lights on. But, not a single hit. So, it hasn't felt much like Halloween at all. That's ok, I'm sure that next year I'll get to have a party, or go to one! :)

Back to Mad Men...

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jeni Sackett said...

We didn't have many trick-or-treaters either. What's the deal with kids these days?!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)