Friday night, after work and school, we both ended up asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until 8. So, for a late dinner we went to Marion's finest restaurant, Colton's Steakhouse. We dined on fried pickles, delicious yeast rolls, smothered chicken, and boneless wings. I was nearly given a heart attack half-way through when the wait staff came out banging on cowbells to sing some lucky bloke "happy birthday." The manager literally came over to check on me because I was still gripping my chest. Other than that- it was a good experience!
Saturday, I talked Keith into going over to Memphis with me to run some errands. I don't much like going over there alone! He was a good sport as I made a few returns around town and tried on clothes at Ann Taylor Loft. I even had him sitting in the dressing room with me as I compared pants and tops. After that, I knew it was time to get him outta there, quick. His testosterone levels were dropping at a rapid pace. Next, we enjoyed a delightful lunch at Bogie's restaurant (one of my personal Memphis faves). He starred out the window at the pretty weather and said, "I'm feeling a bit of rage for being inside so much today. We must get out." Roger that, my love.
So, back in Marion, we resolved this by heading over to his parent's house (which backs up to wide-open fields for miles and miles) to take out the 4-wheeler for some back-country fun.
My husband suited me up in his little brother's waders (sp?), which I had never worn before.
We took off into the afternoon in our camo duds, looking for adventure. One of the tasks he had lined up for me was to finally show me how to use the gun.
This. Was. Scary. I had never been that close to a gun being shot, much less shot one myself. It's extremely loud. He fired 5 rounds into the water as I watched. Then it was my turn. I was shakin' in my extra large boots. I caulked it, no biggie I thought, and aimed for the water. He showed me how to hold it and then put his fingers in my ears. I gave the 45 a squeeze. Yowzers!!! It is powerful!! I fired 2 more shots for good measure and said, "That's it." Lessons over. I know how to do it now- heaven forbid I ever need to use it. Put it up, quick.
Then we went back to other mud slingin' style fun. Here are the pics:
Taken from the Joneses back yard, getting ready to head out.
Me, with a decoy.
Feelin' a little spooked.
Mr. Bob came out there for a few minutes with the family dog, Kenzie, and took a few pictures of us.
As Keith took this picture I said, "The picture of perfection, right? Your wife on a 4-wheeler in the mud, and she's wearing camo!"
Hey cutie.
Needless to say, being out there was the best part of our weekend :)







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
My favorite thing to do in the whole world!!!! Seriously I think that's my ideal first date - guns, camo, 4-wheelers and cute dogs. Is that sad?! Y'all look adorable! And what former homecoming queen doesn't look awesome in camo?!?
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)