July 1st. Excuse me, where did you come from?
I can't get over how fast this summer is flying by! Right now, we have a rare break in the heatwave and the weather is just beautiful. We're taking full advantage by going on evening walks and using the grill and patio. Next week, I'm sure we'll be back to a 100 degree index.
This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner on the grill. I'm really working on being more resourceful and cooking with what we have on hand, and that's how this meal came to be. The grilled oranges are fantastic. For an easy side dish, I made a simple salad.
If you are just making this for two, the leftover chicken is great for a variety of things! Make a chicken salad with a citrus twist, shred the chicken and put on tacos, or toss with stir-fried veggies for a Chinese-inspired meal.
Grilled Orange Chicken
click here for printer-friendly version
Ingredients:
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped fresh sage
2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
6 chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 freshly ground black pepper
1 large orange, sliced into wedges
2 green onions, sliced
Preheat a grill for medium heat.
Combine the
marmalade, vinegar, olive oil, and sage in a small saucepan. Cook over
low heat for 2 minutes until smooth. Stir in the chives, then remove
1/3 of the sauce to serve with the chicken later on.
Season the
chicken pieces with garlic salt and pepper. Grill for about 6-8 minutes
on each side, then brush with glaze. Continue cooking until done, 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, and brushing with additional glaze.
In the last few minutes of grilling, add the orange slices and grill until grill marks appear.
Serve with reserved marmalade glaze. Sprinkle with green onions.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)