Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday & Sangria Recipe!

Wine Fridays are back! It's only been 4 months since I've posted one of these. But, it's not for a lack of wine consumption. Trust me! Our recycling bin is embarrassing. The good news is, I've got lots of good bottles of wine stored up on my list to share with you. One of my many 2013 resolutions is to return to ye ole blog and do a better job of keeping it updated. So, today, I've got a Wine Friday feature and a Sangria recipe. This is what we call in the South a twofer. Two fer one. Get excited.


wine fridays

Y'all know I'm a big fan of Food Network. So, when they recently started advertising their Entwine brand of wine, I became intrigued. But, I buy wine by the mixed case so I don't shop for it regularly. A case will last me a while since Keith doesn't usually partake with me! My favorite locally-owned wine shop in Downtown Memphis doesn't sell Entwine. But, on a recent quick trip to Walgreens, I spotted the brand and had to give it a try. Yes, my Walgreens has a full liquor store in it. I don't think that's a common thing, but I'm not complaining! Nothing like picking up your medical prescriptions and a bottle of liquid therapy. Hah!

Anyway, this bottle of Pinot Grigio impressed me and my fam so much that we went back for two more bottles the next day! And, we were not out of white wine. We just had to have more of this particular one! I would really encourage you to check this one out. Now I can't wait to try the other Entwine varietals.

pinot-grigio-2009

Entwine Pinot Grigio
Year: 2010
Origin: California
Average Price: $12.99 (totes affordable)
About the wine: The website for this wine describes it as crisp, refreshing and citrusy, like a green apple drizzled with lime juice and honey. I couldn't have said it better myself! We paired this with a cheese board and pears the first night, and enjoyed it with this honey gingered salmon with jasmine rice and steamed broccoli the next night. YUM!! This would go well with any Asian or Mexican dishes, as well as white fish. Oh, and it's won a bunch of awards, but hopefully I've bragged on it enough for you.


....You could also try the wine in this tasty Sangria recipe! I made this for Christmas Eve and it was so super simple, really pretty and tasty, too.



photo

Winter Sangria

Ingredients:
2 bottles of crisp white wine
1 bottle of sparkling apple cider
1 orange, sliced
1 red apple, sliced
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 handful of fresh mint leaves

Combine all ingredients together. If possible, allow to chill for 1 hour for flavors to blend.


Happy New Year & Happy Friday! Let me know if you try either of these.

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

this looks amazing! :-) AND I love the "winter" take on it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)