Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Ham, Swiss and Cheddar Quiche (Keith's Favorite!)

Breakfast foods are a favorite genre of mine. And quiche tops the list, right along with eggs benedict. This particular quiche is an old Southern Living recipe pulled from the pages of my mother's Five-Star Recipe Collection. She had these huge white binders and would periodically receive new pages to put in the books. I remember being so excited to see what new treats mom was going to make for us with her recipes.


photo

My mom recently made this quiche for Keith and I on a Saturday morning when we were visiting my parents. She is a great hostess and almost always makes us a yummy breakfast when we stay. Keith declared this his favorite quiche, so I made it again on Christmas morning, and again last weekend.  The ingredients list is short so the items could easily be kept on hand.


IMG_6634

Ham, Swiss and Cheddar Quiche  
click here for printer-friendly recipe

Ingredients:
1 package of refrigerated pie crusts (you only need one pie crust, but I like to use the second one for decorative border)
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 cup diced cooked ham
2 Tbsp honey mustard
5 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups half-and-half
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 400.  Line a pie dish with the pie crust. If desired, use extra dough to create a decorative edge. I used a knife to cut even, thin strips, braided them, pressed the edges together and sealed by brushing on a bit of water. I pressed the edges to the pie crust to secure, and every few inches I pressed the braid into the pie crust to make sure it would stay put.
Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Bake for 5 minutes, remove from oven and gently prick with a fork again. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Reduce oven to 350.

Combine Swiss cheese, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, and 1 Tbsp flour, toss gently. Sprinkle evenly in pastry shell. Combine ham and honey mustard, toss gently to coat. Spoon ham mixture over cheese.

Combine eggs, half-and-half, green onions, remaining 1 Tbsp flour, and salt; stir well. Pour mixture into pastry shell; top with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. 

Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.  If you have a pie crust shield, add about halfway through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.




IMG_6632

Happy Monday!!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Shari said...

This has been pinned! Yum! :)

Morgan Smith said...

That looks so so yummy! I've been craving all things egg so I may be trying this one :)

Miss V said...

We make Quiche all the time it's one of Elliott's favorites...the only issue I always have is that it tends to be runny/watery? I've never added in the flour before so maybe that will help? Any tips! I will definitely whip this up soon! xo.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)