Lately, we've been having a thing for Mexican food at the house. I love any excuse to squeeze fresh lime over my food and add a spoonful of salsa. We are officially addicted to Kroger's Private Selection Peppery Sweet Corn Salsa - OMG. If you live near Kroger stores, check that salsa out. Trust me!
Last week I made these delicious taquitos, a recipe courtesy of the lovely Baked Bree. I love her blog! These were so good that we had them for leftovers for 2 or 3 nights, which is completely unheard of for us. I really enjoyed topping these with some fresh guac, salsa and a small dollop of sour cream. YUM!
Chicken and Cheese Taquitos
click here for printer-friendly version
Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup green enchilada sauce
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
4 green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
3 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie)
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese or a mix of Mexican cheeses
1 large package flour tortillas
Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mash together the cream cheese, lime juice, spices, garlic and green onions. Stir in enchilada sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the cheese, cilantro and shredded chicken. If mixture is still too wet, add a bit more cheese. I'll confess that I didn't measure my chicken or cheese, I just added whatever looked good!
Warm your tortillas a bit in the microwave so they are more pliable. Spoon some of the mixture on to the tortilla and roll up.
Place on the baking sheet seam side down. Once all are prepped and ready, spray with more cooking spray.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until the tortillas are brown and crispy.
Enjoy!! I'm linking this up to Tasty Tuesday's at 33 Shades of Green! Click on over to find lots of other DELISH recipes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)