We had a Yankee Doodle of a 4th of July by celebrating with our friends in Memphis! We had 5 couples over to our house for some burgers, yummy sides, homemade ice cream and fireworks. It was a wonderful night! Here are the pics:
I love inexpensive flags - I lined our flower beds outside to greet guests...and show our patriotic pride off to the neighborhood!
I LOVE fireworks! I bought a few goodies at the local stand. I can't help myself every year.
I didn't buy any decorations and made use of things I already had - the best kind of party is easy and convenient!
I wrapped silverware and napkins in scrapbook paper with a free printable punch-out circle
I think I got these little stars at Pier 1 a few years ago
In the dining room, I layered a PB burlap runner with a patriotic Pier 1 one that I bought a few years back. I bought inexpensive flowers from the grocery store and placed in various mason jars.
I made these Skinny Coconut Cupcakes and they were delish!
My mother-in-law gave me extra flags, so I sent several home with each couple for their own yard.
I snuck this picture while everyone was fixing their plates. I LOVE when I have friends in our house - it makes me so happy!
Then it was firework time! Even though it's been hotter than Hades here, dry as can be, AND we had a burn ban, I still convinced the boys to safely shoot them off in the street. If the cops would have shown up, I was gonna to take the fall! But, we're far out enough in the country I think we were safe from the 'ole 5-O!
Sparklers are my favorite!
Lightin' up the night!
Jessica's sparkler died right when we snapped our pic
Steven and Amanda
Ashley and Jaycob
Brooke and Josh
Caitlyn and Miles
The hosts!
The girls! I'm so glad we all had our flags - it's my new favorite 4th of July picture!
I couldn't be more proud to be an American and I'm so thankful for the sacrifices made on our behalf. So blessed for family, friends and freedom....







4 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Looks like you had a great 4th! :)
IN LOVE with all of the decor! Looks like it was a blast! xoxo
Hi Kendall! My husband, sons and I live in Japan. My husband is an active duty maval officer, one of the commanding officers here in Yokosuka. We are both attorneys. I love your style. I love your taste in everything. Thank you for honoring and acknowledging the sacrifices that our military makes. Have a great Summer!
How beautiful!! I love all of the decorations!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)