Roasted new potatoes have always been a favorite side dish of mine. I'm not a big baked potato fan. It just feels like too 'much' to me and always makes me feel so full. So, little red potatoes are my favorite way to add some starch to a dinner. I've roasted them several ways, and usually I keep it pretty simple. But, I found this recipe in a Kraft magazine a while back and after slightly adapting, I am addicted to them. I have to force myself not to pick them off the hot pan as soon as they are out of the oven. I've definitely burnt my mouth a few times!
PS - There's BACON in here, and I am a firm believer that bacon makes everything better...
Roasted New Potatoes
Ingredients:
Around 1 lb new red potatoes, halved lengthwise
6 slices of applewood-smoked bacon (I like Wright's brand), chopped
3 Tbsp Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
1 & 1/2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
Optional addition:
1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise with olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine potatoes,
bacon and dressing; spread onto rimmed baking sheet. Bake 45 min. or
until potatoes are tender and crisp around the edges, stirring after 25
min. The smaller you cut your potatoes, the faster they will cook.
When it comes out of the oven, top with the Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Optional: If you want to make this more of a light potato salad, mix the above ingredients (mayo, lemon juice and garlic) together and toss with the potatoes. This is pretty delicious, too!
Enjoy!







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)