Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Boppin' em on the Head

.....I can't believe what I'm writing. I'm in complete disgust. I thought the ant infestation was bad. I know I'm living in the country now. Oh golly, this is freakin' me out. So, I'm sitting on the couch this evening talking on the phone with my mom (Keith was out running an errand). I just so happen to be looking over towards the dining room, when low and behold, I see none other than a MOUSE! He scurried around the corner and went directly behind the hutch. Lemme tell ya, he ain't tiny.
Of course, I immediately scream and jump up on the couch. I ran to grab my flip flops and headed out the door. I couldn't stand being in my house, alone, with a mouse! Gotta go mom, I need to call my man to save the day. Keith, get a trap---fast! Of course, his first reaction is to laugh at me. All the while, I'm standing in the driveway in my PJs.
Anyway, once he got here he grabbed a broom & hammer (gross, I know) and headed indoors. I spent the next hour standing on furniture looking for the sucker to come running out again. Keith checked everywhere he could to try to find him. No luck. He's here somewhere. Waiting. Waiting and hiding, making it impossible to trap and catch. He could be in the pantry (oh, Lord help me), my closet (frolicking in my clothes), or heaven-forbid, under the bed. Ewwwww, ahhhhh, eeeeeeek. I shouldn't be surprised, we are surrounded by fields!
So, needless to say, I'm totally disturbed, Keith, however, is loving the thrill of this hunt. I hope our traps work and we catch him tonight. Otherwise, how will I sleep!? Wish us luck. I'm off to cook dinner.

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)