This would be perfect for a party or shower, and you could even serve on lollipop sticks. I liked it with crackers on the side.
Goat Cheese Bites
(Click here for printer-friendly version)
Ingredients:
1 10-ounce log of goat cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (from oil-packed jar)
2 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
1 tsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped*
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/2 fresh parsley, finely chopped
Mix together cheese, tomatoes, shallots and zest. Form into small balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least an hour. I popped mine in the freezer for the last 10 minutes so they wouldn't go too soft on me while I rolled it in the herbs. Can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Roll in mixture of herbs and serve. Store leftovers in fridge.
*You could always do a mixture of other herbs if you don't have the exact types listed above.
Adapted from thewickednoodle.com
Enjoy!







6 responses. Leave a Comment!:
You have fabulous taste in food. You basically just listed all of my favorite flavors in one sentence. If I lived closer to you, I'd invite myself over for dinner. I'm from New York; I'm pushy like that and I hear Southerners have amazing hospitality:).
yummm! I need to make these!
I love goat cheese too and they look so pretty like this!
Oh yum! Goat cheese is one of my favorites as well, it's so darn good on so many things!
Yummy! These sound delicious. You should try this recipe of mine if you haven't before: http://www.dailydishblog.com/2012/01/new-kind-of-truffle.html It's one of my favorites with goat cheese.
I LOVE goat cheese!! Holy cow - this sounds so so so good. Definitely the perfect appetizer to have at parties.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)