Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Southern Wedding in the Garden

Last weekend, we headed to Scott, Arkansas for the beautiful wedding of my cousin, Brooke and her groom, Josh. It was a wonderfully sweet, Southern celebration at a beautiful plantation just outside of Little Rock called Marlsgate. Here are the pics!

IMG_4956

The setting could not be better for a gorgeous ceremony!

IMG_4953

For the rehearsal evening, cowboy boots were encouraged! I was happy to oblige!

IMG_4959

My little cousin, and the bride's brother, Scott. I have lots and lots of great memories with this guy!

IMG_4962

Keith snaps a pic with the lovely bride!

IMG_4963

My Aunt and Uncle looking so relaxed, even though I know it was a busy weekend!

IMG_4966

The rehearsal dinner was at Cotham's - an old hole-in-the-wall with the best Southern down home cooking!

IMG_4967

How cute is this!!?? The Bride and Groom had an old truck parked out front filled with fresh produce for the takin'. What a lovely take-home gift for everyone!

IMG_4970

We definitely filled up several sacks, so for the next few days it was all about peach cobbler, squash casserole, fresh plums for breakfast, caprese salad with those tomatoes - Yum!

IMG_4971

Posing with the cute bride and groom!

IMG_4974

My sweet tea lovin' husband!

IMG_4982

The staff at Cotham's were given aprons to wear - so cute!

IMG_4991

More family pics!

IMG_4999

I couldn't eat at Cotham's without having their famous Hubcab burger - I only had about half, but it was insanely good!

IMG_5008

My Dad and Scott - or as they refer to themselves, Uncro and Nephro

IMG_5024

Wedding Day had arrived! We had a great day getting pampered - first it was nails, then hair and makeup - fun times!

IMG_5025

Meg gets her hair did

IMG_5026

Bridesmaids and the Bride! This is just before we hopped in the limo to take the ride to the plantation - such a fun idea!

IMG_5029

Beautiful gals!

IMG_5031

I loved the way my hair had been styled. I wouldn't mind having someone do that every week :)

IMG_5035

My Aunt Lana helps Brooke into her FABULOUS gown!

IMG_5066

Stunning!

IMG_5041

The Bride and her parents; love this pic.

IMG_5050

Bridesmaids in lilac! I LOVED our flowers. They weighed at least 7 pounds, so it was a nice little workout for the arms :)

IMG_5051

Brooke with her parents, brothers and my grandparents

IMG_5056

My lovely grandmother and her son, Gregory Kendall < that's where I get my name! :)

IMG_5061

Buzbee, Megs and me

IMG_5069

A little relaxing before the I Dos - Brooke and Josh didn't see each other before hand, making that big moment even sweeter!

IMG_5084

Reception time! The tent was decked out in big, beautiful flowers.

IMG_5085

The lawn was equipped with games.

IMG_5072

And, lots of friends and family were there to celebrate! Here I am with my Jantastic!

IMG_5073

Ashley, the new Mrs McMillan (per my last wedding post :)

IMG_5075

Our dear friends, The Wantucks, were there. I love my TORY!

IMG_5076

My color-coordinated date. He knows how much I like that!

IMG_5078

The newlyweds! One week into the marriage is lookin' good on these two.

IMG_5079

My Grandmother with two of her lovely sister's

IMG_5080

The Dr Bollens dancing with their favorite hygienists!

IMG_5082

Brotherly love! Both are relieved to have their daughter's weddings over with, I'm sure! We are high-maintenance gals :)

IMG_5083

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

IMG_5096

Relaxing on the lawn with my sweet Papa Doc.

IMG_5099

He is a great man. Great doesn't even begin to cover it. I love moments with him.

IMG_5100

Brooke and Josh in the photo booth with their AMAZING photographers, The Benfield's. OMG, I just love these two! I wish I had known about them when planning my big day. They are the BEST, and super fun and sweet.

IMG_5105

Dr Bollen and Dr Jones - two of my best men.

IMG_5106

A happy and relaxed couple!

IMG_5109

Scott with Grandma - cute, cute! I just love his Jesus hair :)

IMG_5110

Another with the hubs

IMG_5121

Booty-bumpin' with my grandma. Will your Granny shake what her momma gave her!? I think mine is pret-ty cool!

IMG_5124

At this wedding, we introduced two of our favorite couples to each other - it was like two of my little worlds coming together! Fun times!

IMG_5125

Adam singing an 80s jam to his bromance love, Keith

IMG_5128

My dad and his mom take in the lovely plantation sunset.

IMG_5133

Couldn't pass up this opportunity for another pic with Grandma

IMG_5149

One of my favorite things? Brooke changed into her mother's dress that she wore when she married my Uncle Greg years ago. It was the most precious barbie-doll dress and it fit Brooke perfectly. So sweet!

IMG_5152

Time for a sparkler send-off...

IMG_5153

A nice, long sparkly walk out!

IMG_5159

Happy parents!

IMG_5161

On our way home, we happened to pass the newlyweds! 

Welcome back from the honeymoon, Mansfield's! We're so excited for you two and look forward to many years to come spending time as a family, and as friends. LOVE you both!



3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Shari said...

What a gorgeous setting and bride! Looks like a great time. :)

Benfield Photography said...

What a fun blog post! I even made your blog! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)