So, where have I been, you ask? Clearly, not spending leisurely time on my computer... I feel like I have so much to catch up my blog readers on! A backlog of recipes, graduations, showers, and wine Fridays fill my mind (late at night) when I'm reminded of how long it's been since I have blogged. I don't intentionally avoid the blog - time just gets away from me. Work, social life, gym time, business trips and the occasional QT with my husband all take priority most days, which is fine by me! But, I have a moment tonight and I'd love to share photos from our most recent wedding. Can you tell we go to a lot and I'm a professional bridesmaid? I suppose that's what happens when you are blessed with tons of friends!
Our very dear, close, thick-as-thieves friends, Ashley and Jaycob got married last weekend! I titled this post "A Griswold Family Wedding," because we share a deep-seated love for Christmas Vacation and Clark, Eddie, Ellen and Catherine might as well be our alter egos. We love this couple so much! Ashley and I have been friends since birth through our families and years spent on the lake together. To be part of their nuptials was one of the highlights of the year.... Here are the pics!
The beautiful rehearsal dinner at Trio's in Little Rock
Keith with Martin and Daniel, adopted family members of the bride and groom
Amanda, Ashley and I
Keith and the groom - the man of the hour!
Bridesmaids with the sweet (little) bride in the middle! Anna, Jenna, Amanda, Ashley, Kendall and Mary Austin
Jaycob has 5 brothers - can you believe that? - here he is with a few of the fine fellas
A sweet pic of Ashley, Jaycob and her parents. A fun bunch to be around, indeed!
Gotta love Ms Debbie!
Wedding day was finally here! Ashley was like the perfect bride - breathtaking!
GASP! Her dress, the belt, our dresses - oh it was so gorgeous I could hardly stand it!
PS - That bridesmaid dress I'm wearing may look familiar. I've worn it before in another wedding! How cool is that? I can't believe I would be in two weddings that picked the same fabulous dress. LOVE that! That just means they both have excellent taste :)
Here I am with Mimi - Ashley's grandmother - and my adopted second grandmother. I cannot express my love for this amazing, beautiful woman. Because of her, I wouldn't mind to be called "mimi" by my future grandchildren.
After the ceremony, through which I cried sweet tears, we headed to the reception. I snapped this picture at a red light - they were cruising in this beautiful Rolls!
Making a grand entrance at the reception!!
Sweet sweet sweet
A favorite moment of mine!
Dancing with Anna, my bridesmaid side-kick! Hi-yah!
Mi Abuela and I. Can I pause and just say how drop-dead gorgeous my 80+ year old grandmother is? I can't get over it. She never ceases to amaze me.
I captured these pictures of my grandparents dancing in the corner
quietly by themselves. It melted my heart into a million pieces.
What an endearing moment. True love!
Keith with the REAL cousin Eddy - my Uncle Greg
This is a great pic of the newlyweds with the next-to-wed. Brooke and Josh get married on Saturday and I am a bridesmaid again - I can't wait! I love all of this wedded bliss!
A cute snapshot of the bride and my father, a true fan of the camera
Two of my favorite people in the world!
But, let me not forget my favorite person in the whole world - DR KEITH JONES!
I don't even know what's happening here - but that's my dad, his brother and my hubs - 3 dentists in a row. They look nice... and like they'd give you pain-free treatment, right?
My favorite part of the whole night - a surprise song to the bride from the groom. Amazing, incredible, romantic...you name it!
How precious is this? He sang Edwin McCain's 'I'll Be' with his little brother Caleb strumming the guitar. The crowd sang along and swayed (like it was from a movie!) Then, at Ashley's request, he sang Michael Buble's 'Everything' in A Capella fashion. I was smiling so big and was so happy for my little friend that I could have cried and cried! Too much cuteness.
Then, before we knew it, it was time to go. They exited to streamers and hopped into a surprise horse-drawn carriage courtesy of the mother-of-the-bride.
What a night! It was probably one of the most fun weddings I've been to and it had everything with the personalities of this bride and groom. They know how to have a good time, dance until it hurts, and make me laugh until I nearly pee my pants. Seriously - sometimes, I have to tell Jaycob to slow down so I can catch my breath!
Congrats, McMillans! I love you - but you already knew that. Here's to our years ahead of vacations, weekends on the lake, homemade margaritas, and our children being best friends and summer camp bunk-mates. Ruv :)







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
So many great photos. Looks like a wonderful time! That photo of you and your grandma is my favorite. You two look so much alike. :)
What a gorgeous wedding! I love the singing that you described, sounds like a great wedding memory...
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)