Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Peach and Goat Cheese Chicken Pizza with Arugula Salad

Oh, peach. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

IMG_1709

Here's a great pizza recipe from Cooking Light that we recently made (and slightly adapted). It was absolutely delicious. The recipe called for Gorgonzola, but I had Goat on hand and it was a great substitute. I will be making this again and again during peach season!!

Peach and Goat Cheese Chicken Pizza with Arugula Salad

Ingredients:

1 (10-ounce) prebaked thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
Cooking spray
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast 
1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled Goat Cheese (or Gorgonzola)
1(or more) medium unpeeled peach, thinly sliced
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar

Salad:
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp honey
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
3-4 cups loosely packed arugula
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion

Preheat oven to 400°

Place pizza crust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil evenly over crust. Top evenly with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, chicken, Gorgonzola cheese, and peach slices. Top with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 11 minutes or until crust browns. Drizzle with balsamic and cut pizza into 8 wedges and top with arugula salad.

To make the salad, combine the lemon juice and honey in a large bowl; gradually whisk in the olive oil. Add the arugula and red onion to bowl. Toss gently to coat.

IMG_1720

This is how your plate will look when you finish devouring two (or three) slices. Don't worry, the crusts were consumed!


1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

ooh so glad i found your blog..im trying to make some blogging buddies in the TN area as hubby and i are planning on moving in a few years! nice to meet you.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)