Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Lemon Blueberry Muffins

For a yummy to-go breakfast snack, these lemon blueberry muffins are perfect. I made these a few weeks ago and loved having one every morning.
Recipe is from Cooking Light.

IMG_0660

Lemon-Blueberry Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
1 large egg
1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
1 cup blueberries
Cooking spray
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup powdered sugar

IMG_0672


  • Preheat oven to 400°.
  • Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
  • Combine buttermilk, egg, and rind; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries.
  • Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until the muffins spring back when lightly touched. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and place on a wire rack to cool.
  • Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled muffins.
These are light, fluffy and have just the right hint of lemon. Enjoy!

IMG_0662

    2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

    Anonymous said...

    Yummy! I'll have to try these :)

    Colleen Sullivan said...

    These look really good! I definitely want to give them a try!

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

    I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)