Here's a delicious dinner recipe that I've made twice in the last month. That's really saying something, because I rarely repeat recipes in a 2-month cycle! The recipe comes from Oxmoor House on MyRecipes.com. The second time I made it, I adjusted a couple of things and served with some pasta. It's easy and delicious!
Chicken and Mushroom Marsala
Ingredients:
4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Cooking spray
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 (3.5 ounce) packages of shiitake mushrooms, sliced (or sliced baby portabellas, whatever you can find at your store)
1 cup Marsala wine
2 green onions, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
4 Tbsp butter
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan. Cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken and drippings from pan; set aside and keep warm.
Heat pan over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms. Coat mushrooms with cooking spray. Cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add wine and 3 Tbsp green onions. Cook 30 seconds over high heat. Reduce heat, add butter, stirring until butter melts.
Add chicken and drippings to pan, stirring gently. Place chicken on platter. Spoon mushrooms and sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Serving suggestion: We started out with a delicious salad of mixed greens, chopped strawberries and goat cheese, tossed with balsamic vinaigrette (simply divine!). With the chicken, I added a side of Fettuccini tossed in Alfredo sauce. I was able to find a Bertolli version of Alfredo with mushrooms in it. I added some warm Rosemary Olive Oil bread from my grocery store and it was a fantastic meal!







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)