This has been the dessert of our summer. Granted, I've been cutting back on the sweets (among many things) in an attempt to get in shape. But, sometimes, I have to make something sweet for Keith. And I have to try it, obviously.
And, y'all, this is gooooooooooooood.
This tasty crisp is easy to make and could be switched up based on whatever fruit you have handy. I've used blackberries and blueberries with the peaches and both are great. And, the addition of fresh basil? Stoppppp with the crazy goodness. I freak out every time I splurge with a spoonful of this stuff. Obsessed!
Recipe adapted from How Sweet Eats.
Blackberry Basil Peach Crisp
Ingredients:
4 ripe peaches, peeled and cubed
1 to 1/2 cups of fresh blackberries
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 to 1/2 cups of fresh blackberries
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1/4 all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
6 Tbsp softened butter
Ice cream for serving
Additional chopped basil (optional)
Preheat oven to 375.
In a 9x9 (or similar) baking dish, mix peaches, blackberries and basil with sugar, flour and salt. Toss well and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Use your fingers to crumble in the softened butter. Note, the butter needs to be soft (but not melted) or this won't work. Sprinkle the crisp over the fruit. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and crisp is golden brown.
Serve with vanilla bean ice cream (my personal favorite) and top with more fresh basil.
ENJOY! Your summer will thank you.







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)