Hello there! If you are still reading this little blog, thanks for hanging in there! I'm only able to squeeze in a post or two each week as I'm just so busy lately. But, life is good at the Jones home! We are getting ready to take a week-long vacation here pretty soon and we couldn't be more excited.
I recently made a yummy stir-fry for a weeknight meal. The recipe is courtesy of Cooking Light - one of my favorite magazines!! You could swap in just about any veggie you like here. And if you really like sauce, I would double the sauce portion of the recipe.
{taken using instagram}
Honey Cashew Chicken with Rice
1 cup
instant rice
12 ounces chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans) - I substituted with green onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced (I also added a small yellow pepper, sliced)
1/2 cup cashews (I used Thai Limi Chili cashews from Trader Joes for added punch)
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha
12 ounces chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans) - I substituted with green onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced (I also added a small yellow pepper, sliced)
1/2 cup cashews (I used Thai Limi Chili cashews from Trader Joes for added punch)
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Sriracha
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Combine chicken and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss to coat.
Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add canola and sesame
oils. Add chicken mixture, and sauté for 4 minutes or until lightly
browned (mine took about 6 minutes). Increase heat to high, and add broccoli and the next 4
ingredients (through red bell pepper). Cook 5 minutes or until
vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is done, stirring frequently.
Stir in cashews.
Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir
with a whisk. Add vinegar mixture to chicken mixture; toss to coat.
Serve with rice.
Enjoy!!
Enjoy!!







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Hi there! I recently came across your blog and LOVE it!!!!
Will be checking back regularly! I'm also a blogger(new) check me out:
http://lifeisabreese.blogspot.com.au/
This recipe is HEAVEN and a staple in our rotation. I've been following your website since JJ told me about it years ago. Love keeping up with you and J's side of the family! Judy Hinds Winchester
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)