Do you like Boston Cream Pie? I guess I should first ask, have you ever had it? You see, it's not pie at all. It's a cake. Silliness I tell ya, since what constitutes a Boston Cream Pie is a round cake that is split in half, filled with cream filling and frosted with chocolate. There's nothing pie about that, but whatev.
All I know is it makes for a delicious combo!
This weekend, we made it in cupcake form, inspired by Kraft's Food & Family magazine. I say we, because it was a family affair. Dad baked the cupcakes while I went to the grocery store to get goodies for dinner, and then mom and I did the rest. Keith probably would have pitched in too, but he was sick! It was fun to do together, but we couldn't help but laugh at the many lopsided cupcakes that dad created :)
Boston Cream Pie Minis
Ingredients:
1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix (and ingredients called for on box)
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) jello Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup cold milk
1-1/2 cups thawed Whipped Topping, divided
4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Instructions:
-Heat oven to 350ºF.
-Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely.
-Beat pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, use serrated knife to cut cupcakes horizontally in half. Stir 1/2 cup cool whip into pudding; spoon onto bottom halves of cupcakes, using about 1 Tbsp. for each. Cover with cupcake tops.
-Microwave remaining 1 cup cool whip and chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Let stand 15 min. Spread onto cupcakes. Refrigerate 15 min. before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
-Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely.
-Beat pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Meanwhile, use serrated knife to cut cupcakes horizontally in half. Stir 1/2 cup cool whip into pudding; spoon onto bottom halves of cupcakes, using about 1 Tbsp. for each. Cover with cupcake tops.
-Microwave remaining 1 cup cool whip and chocolate in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Let stand 15 min. Spread onto cupcakes. Refrigerate 15 min. before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
They are so delicious I couldn't help myself! Keep these stored in the fridge and grab one when you need a sweet pick me up!
I'm linking up to Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green!
I'm linking up to Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green!







9 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Those look delicious! I've made them before, but used a pastry bag with a round tip. I inserted it in the cupcake and then filled it with the pudding. They're always a hit.
Boston Creme pies are my favorite dessert ever...though I do agree with the whole cake not pie thing. And these, these will make the perfect treat!
I've made these before and they were a big hit! SOO yum too!
Oh my! I am definitely going to make these. So much easier than a big pie and perfect for little hands. Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower and would love for you to visit me at thefarmgirlrecipes.blogspot.com. Thanks!
The Farm Gilr
Whoa! These look amazing!
Oh my way, oh my, oh my! My husband is a HUGE fan of Boston Cream Pie and I love cupcakes so these are perfect! The best of both worlds!
fabulous blog. this is my first visit and I will have to come back soon. So much good stuff!
These look delicious and easy to make! I can't wait to make them! (I made your easy-blackberry-cobbler last week and it was DELISH)!
jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com
Jacqueline
These turned out perfectly! Love the built-in portion control:)
Oh, those are so cute! I love that your Dad baked the cupcakes - how fun!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)